The Office of Budget & Planning
Texas A&M University
Associate Vice President
The mission of The Office of Budget and Planning is to facilitate efficient and effective resource allocation, decision making and strategic planning for the University community and constituents.
The Office of Budget & Planning is responsible for:
- the coordination of the annual operating budget
- the biennial preparation of the Legislative Appropriation Request
- the submission of mandated federal, state and university system reports
- the development and oversight of the capital plan
- the monitoring of metrics associated with the Energy Risk Management Program
- budget training & assistance for the university community
- other reporting & planning duties as requested
The team is instrumental in facilitating the prioritization of budget needs against available funding, setting of tuition/fee rates, responding to System and Legislative requests for reporting and analysis, and identifying and monitoring funding for capital projects.
The Associate Vice President also oversees Project Coordinators, who provide supplemental professional staff support for all areas within the division. These positions lead projects and compile information to address special administrative and financial initiatives that cross departmental boundaries. The Project Coordinators are also responsible for routine updates to the division’s organizational profile, strategic plan, monthly and annual reports and financial reporting activities.
We also participate and provide guidance to various permanent and ad hoc university committees:
- Academic Business Operations Committee
- Council of Senior Business Administrators
- Legislative Review Committee
- Student Fee Review Committee
- Tuition Policy Advisory Committee
- TASSCUBO Budget Committee